Italy!

Friday, May 22, 2009

Venerdi

GDDV!!! (Grazie dio domani venerdi!) Ok so that doesn't work so well in Italian... It's a good day. Today was pretty hot over here in Siena. I'm writing a little early tonight because I can! Apparently we get wireless internet in my apartment from about 4pm - 9pm.... strange. Va Bene! That's how things work here in Italy! lol. Really my days are somewhat boring. I'm still planning on a daily posting though. This is somewhat like a journal for me. I made it through the first week and I'm still alive. I might be a little more inundated with alcohol and more Italian than I was a week ago, but I'm still very much alive! I actually bought my very own first bottle of vino today! Hopefully it's a pretty good one. It's really quite unbelievable how cheap the wine is here. (Kacie, you'd be sooo jealous!) You can get a pretty good vino for about 4 euro. Not bad eh? We enjoyed a nice sciampagne dolce tonight that was really good and it was only about 3 euro. I guess that's how things work when you live in vino country!

I'm really hoping my next week of lezioni italiano go better. I feel like I'm not making a lot of progress. This weekend will be good though. We had some plan changes... that always happens! Tomorrow most of us will be getting up VERY early and catching il tren a Luca e poi andiamo a Pisa. Pisa é una cittá molte turistica ma I want to see it very much. We will be back in Siena Saturday night then waking up and taking l'autobus a Firenze as a small group dominica. I'm super excited for Firenze :) We will probably see what we can see and definitely buy tickets for l'accademia so that when we go again we will be able to get in and see David and other amazing things. Then of course back to school on Monday.... *sigh* No it's fun really. It is just very tiring. I miss everyone in the states! It's hard not to get homesick. I hope everyone realizes I'm not ignoring them, it's just hard to focus on home right now because there is so much to focus on here! Two people actually asked me for directions today... I'm not feeling so much like a tourist anymore lol. Sadly they asked me in perfect Italian and I was not able to respond in Italian! I felt like a moron, especially since they were Asian! They saw fit enough to ask me for directions because I looked like I knew, but I couldn't answer! I at least was able to help them get where they were going. It's a little sad though, because I'll never fit in here. Everyone is about 6 inches shorter than me and olive skin and black hair. I stand out like a freak of nature. Oh well. Maybe on my excursion to Switzerland I will find my place :)

As a side note: I do have an Italian cell phone that I don't mind giving out the number. ANYTHING I receive from anyone is completely free for me. But be advised it will cost you to send something international. I think usually texts are like 50 cents or something and I have no idea what phone calls are. Please also keep in mind I'm 7 HOURS ahead! Don't wake me up! lol and I'm in classes until 130! I'll leave the choice up to you, I just thought I'd give anyone the option. Mi numero é: 039-333-941-8343. The 039 is the country code. Basically you just dial it how you see it. I'm not sure if it will work in Switzerland or not... so I might be phoneless after the 20th. Anyway... Ciao tutti!

3 comments:

  1. Danny, you sure are talking about alcohol a lot in your blog, I hope you aren't becoming a drunk! I'm glad your having a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must look important Danny or tourists wouldn't ask you questions. You are right about Switzerland. When you get there you will fit in. So, how is your German!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made it through the first week and I'm still alive. I might be a little more!
    play 918kiss online in malaysia

    ReplyDelete