90s hot and humid! Today our group skipped the last hour of classes
and high tailed it to piaza gramsci to catch the bus to San Gimignano.
San Gimignano is a pretty unique little place! I actually really liked
it. It was very homey and cosey. It's a city that, to make a long
story short, was frozen in time during the first part of the 14th
century. It's a unique chance to see what a real medieval Romeo &
Juliet/Capulets and Montegues story setting looked like. The city is
very well preserved because of it's unique history. It's also right in
the very heart of Toscano and home to tuscany's best white wine. I
really liked it. We had a nice relaxing afternoon. I have a video I'll
upload tomorrow as I couldn't tonight. I also enjoyed a wonderfully
delicious gelato there as well! The city is home to the winner of the
2006 or 2007 best gelato in Italy competition! It was pretty dang good
stuff. Wow.
Tonight I simply relaxed and let myself do some recovering. I also
purchased my rail pass for Svizzera! It's fo real! Then I was
pleasantly surprised to receive a phone call from Quentin! Yay! Thank
you Carl for letting him use your phone! :-) it made my night. It's
always good to hear from best friends. Yay! Well with that I shall be
going to bed! Ciao tutti!
No comments:
Post a Comment