Italy!

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Another Day

Today was just another day. Went to class. After class the school put
on a welcome dinner for the University of Utah which was really nice.
A full fledged 4 course Italian lunch. Apparently the U and this
school here (Dante Aleghieri* [spelling]) have been in an exchange
relationship for 23 years now! Pretty impressive. After lunch we tried
to figure out our Venize plans to no avail. We have a 4 day weekend
end of May/first of June and we are planning on heading to Venezia,
but it's hard finding space for so many people. I'm sure we will
figure it out. After that I took some personal time. I walked around
the city a little by myself and then went to il campo to just sit and
relax. I needed some time to just think and process a lot of stuff
going on in my head. It was really nice to just sit and relax and
people watch. I worked on some homework (yes we have homework) on and
off for about an hour and then Sarah joined me. It was good. We just
relaxed and talked about lifew hile people watching for nearly 4
hours. I feel a lot more relaxed now. I think the Italians definitely
have the relaxing thing down. I might have to adopt it. I need to take
more time to just absorb life. After that I came back to my apartment
had some bread and nutella and here I be! Now it's time for bed :-) I
haven't slept well since I left, maybe one of these nights I'll catch
a good rest. A domani! Ciao ciao.

1 comment:

  1. YEP! LIFE GOES ON IN ITALY, IDAHO, AND UTAH! BUT LIFE IS GOOD DANNY, IT IS REALLY GOOD. I AM SO GLAD YOU ARE THE PERSON YOU ARE SO THAT YOU CAN ENJOY THIS TIME, AND HAVE PLANNED AND LIVED SO THAT YOU COULD GO. YOU ARE AN AWESOME PERSON AND YOURE OLE SILLY MOM LOVES YOU. HEY, YOU WILL NEED TO TEACH ME SOME OF THOSE RELAXING LESSONS!!!

    ReplyDelete