I decided I'd take a few and get some videos uploaded that I've recorded on my iPhone. They aren't the greatest but they are still pretty cool.
This first video is a really cool church (Sant'Agostino Church) in San Gimignano. This was a courtyard that is part of the Monastery connected to the church. We got there and shortly after the bells in the church tower started chiming to the hour. It was gorgeous and amazing to listen to because they were right above us. It was just really peaceful and pretty.
This was in the Baptistry in Pisa. The Baptistry was designed to be perfectly acoustical so every half hour a person comes in and sings some notes. It was amazing. The design is so perfect that if done properly you can sing three notes in a row and the echo is just right so that it sounds like you are singing a chord! It is still debated today that it's possible it was not only designed as a Baptistry but also as a chorale room. It was pretty cool.
As we were walking back from getting some (really yummy) gelato Saturday night in Venezia we walked past some restaurants that have live music that would duel against each other to try and get the largest crowd. The music was pretty good and it was just good clean fun :-)
Sunday morning in Venice I woke up early to take pictures and I managed to capture the two bell towers dueling it off at 7am. It was amazing to listen to especially since nobody was there. It was very peaceful, this video does not do it justice!
I love the bells, but not as much as your father. He could listen to them forever. I can imagine that this was just beautiful.
ReplyDelete