Italy!

Thursday, June 11, 2009

La Cucina e il cibo!

Yay for today! Today was a good day. In class things went much different and I feel like something clicked! I'm not sure if maybe it was just a good day or what, but I feel much better about my Italian after today. I've been speaking in Italian much more today than I have been in the past and it's great! After class we had a big party at our Professor's apartment. Una festa di gelato! Yum. We had gelato from our favorite gelataria in town, the Kokokabana. It was delicioso! Her husband had also just flown in from SLC and brought cookies with him! Cookies from America!! It was sooo good. You really miss the small things in times like this lol. They were delicious. I think they were just cheap Sam's Club cookies, but man they hit the spot. We all hung out in her really nice apartment eating way too much and just having a great time. I really had fun. After, Lindsay (one of the people here) wanted to show me this really cool book display she found in Siena because she knows how much I love old books. Accidenti!!!!!! I was amazed. It was probably THE COOLEST AND BEST thing I have seen the whole time here in Italy. It's a close tie with Venezia. It was a massive library of old books. Old. As in I don't think there was a book there that wasn't published before the 1800s. I was in heaven. There was a copy of the Divine Comedy from the 1600s and so many other amazing books. I wanted them all. I wanted the whole place! Words can't even describe it. One of the most amazing things ever. I am going back for certain!
After that I had a little break and was able to use the internet a bit to get some things done and then Sarah and I headed alla scuola for our cooking class. It was pretty awesome. Tonight we made an antipasta that was spinach and a sauce that I can't remember the name of (I have the recipe) and for il primo piatto we had a pasta that was delicious. It was noodles (that we made) and a tomato sauce with chili peppers in it and a pesto sauce (all of which we made from scratch). For the secondo piatto we had fish.... I wasn't very excited but I tried it. I didn't help prepare it at all because I just couldn't. Fish isn't my thing. But I did eat almost all of it. It was ok. I wouldn't choose it as a meal but it was O K. For dessert we had panna cotta con frutta. Yum. That's what I helped make. It was really really really good. I loved it. I think it's a fav. It was a really good meal! After the meal around 9 everyone was heading to the Tea Room. It's this really cool little place that you can get drinks and yummy desserts. They do live music on Wednesday nights. I ended up there around 10ish I think (I was talking to mio fratello!) and it was also a lot of fun. There were a ton of people there that I knew, mostly from our group, and we all just had a blast. I've had a really great day! It was about time though.... I needed one. Hopefully tomorrow will be alright and then it's Friday! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment